Saturday, July 16, 2011

No, You're Not on the List.

So here's something I don't get.

How do some people not know the rules of behavior when it comes to private party attendance?

I don't think you're taught this by your parents, I think you just pick this sort of thing up as you progress through life. My family was (and continues to be) undoubtedly socially inept. I also grew up in the midwest, where high end events didn't really happen. But I get things. And therefore, so should you.

If you receive a paper invitation, addressed only to you, then it means that you, and YOU ALONE, are welcome. You do not bring five other people who have no idea what the party is all about, and who have no idea who to thank for the open bar.

You aren't stupid. You also have the ability to read pieces of paper thoroughly. Combined, you now have the unbelievable power to see the words "BY INVITATION ONLY" and "RSVP REQUIRED"... I don't ask much, but paying even nominal attention is appreciated.

Also, if the invitation says "ATTIRE: COCKTAIL", I refuse to compliment you on your new jeans that hug your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment